The first three years of your child’s life are the most important for learning.
Early Steps provides services to infants and toddlers, age birth – 3, with developmental disabilities or delays. Our early intervention teams work with families to create goals and priorities for their child and design a plan of care.
To have your child evaluated, please call (754) 321-7200 to make a referral.
DOES MY CHILD NEED EARLY STEPS?
The first three years are critical for your development. Their brain grows faster during this brief period than in any point in a person’s life. When babies don’t get what their growing brains need during this crucial time, it can lead to life-long developmental, educational, social, and health challenges.
If you or anyone close to your child has expressed concern about not reaching their milestones – talking, walking, playing, interacting with others – call Child Find to initiate a referral.
HOW DO YOU DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY?
A multi-disciplinary team of professionals will evaluate your child to determine eligibility for services. They assess the following areas:
- Adaptive (self-help, feeding, dressing)
- Cognition (learning & problem solving)
- Gross & Fine Motor Skills (moving, grasping, coordination)
- Physical (hearing, vision & health)
- Social/Emotional (playing & interacting with others)
WHAT SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE?
If eligible, services may include
- Assistive Technology Devices
- Audiology Services
- Family Education / Early Intervention Sessions
- Occupational, Physical & Speech Therapy
- Service Coordination
- Vision Services
- Other Individualized Services
WHAT FEES ARE REQUIRED?
There is NO income criteria or out of pocket expenses to families.