Join us for the 29th Annual Thanksgiving Basket Brigade
Sunday, November 21, 2021
Volunteer Arrival Times begin at 9 am
With your help we will provide more than 1,200 families in need with a Thanksgiving meal.
We cannot accommodate walk-in volunteers this year due to social distancing.
If you pre-registered to volunteer
Check your email for your selected arrival time. Please DO NOT arrive early.
CDTC Parking Garage: 1401 S Federal Highway, Fort Lauderdale 33316
Take SE 4th Ave to SE 14th Court, go east, and pull into the pick-up line
NO PARKING | DO NOT LEAVE YOUR VEHICLE
Check-in & Delivery Assignments
- Drivers should be wearing a mask during check-in.
- Your vehicle’s first stop will be a “roll your window down” check-in where you will receive your delivery assignment.
- Pull forward to receive your food baskets. All food has been pre-bagged.
Loading Your Vehicle
- Pop your trunk or unlock your back door when you arrive at the loading area.
- Volunteers will place the correct amount of food in your car.
- Each family you deliver to will receive a food bag AND a frozen turkey.
- Put on your mask when you leave your vehicle.
- Place the “Basket” & Turkey on the ground in front of the door, knock or ring the bell, then step back to ensure proper social distancing
- If there is no answer, try calling the number on the delivery ticket
- If a family does not answer the door or phone, please follow the instructions on your assignment sheet.
Student Service Hours
An email with a student volunteer form will be sent the week after Thanksgiving to all registered volunteers who attended and indicated they had a student volunteer during the online registration process. Thank you students!
If you are unable to make the deliveries you registered for, please email Vickie Walter at email@example.com by Friday at 4:00pm or text/call 954-218-0879 before Sunday at 8:30am.
We look forward to seeing you on Sunday. Thank you for your support and Happy Thanksgiving!
Can’t Make It? Sponsor a Family
Just a small donation of $25 can feed a family of four this Thanksgiving!*